Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Upsetting news story

Has anybody seen the news stories about the american dad who put his 2 month old baby girl in a microwave for 20 seconds. He apparently put her in a hotel room safe and fridge and hit her first. He claimed insanity but the jury threw that out and gave him 25 years jail.

I seem to see these sort of stories all the time now i've got my LO. I probably just take them more personally now though. It just makes me feel physically sick that anybody could hurt a little baby this way. I never used to be a very emotional person, but i've just sat here bawling about that poor little girl. I think i need to stop looking at the news.

Replies

• Options
    Hi yes I heard that today and couldn't believe it. How horrible a man is he. He should be punished for life. My heart went out for that poor baby. How sad are some people.
  • Options
    Not heard that, how awful...what a ducking psycho and sicko.
  • Options
    I hadn't heard it either and I certainly won't be looking out for it either. Since having Poppy I have become a lot more sensitive to things like that and like Jojo, I have no idea what goes on in a persons head to make them want to do something so cruel and horrible to a defenceless little baby. I think he should have been given the death penalty.

• Options
    i'd like to stick his head in my oven.
    what a sicko, how can anyone do that to a little baby!?!
    yes i can get annoyed with my lo but i would never dream of hurting him. i couldnt.

things like this upset me, and i cant even watch the nspcc ad, it makes me cry.

bring back the death penalty for people like that!
  • Options
    im glad hes in jail, the death penalty is an easy way out for people like that he needs to suffer for the rest of his life!!!
  • Options
    but why should the tax payer fund his 'free' life in jail?
    he'll have food provided and the such like....

he only got a ??5k fine....... why? take all his money and torture him the same way he tortured the baby.
  • Options
    oh my god that is awful,what a *astard.i hadnt heard about that.that has just put a lump in my throat,my baby boy is 2mnth old,i could never do that to him.
  • Options
    hadnt heard that....how awful
  • Options
    Oh my god!!! Never!!! I take it the little baby died??? I agree, he needs to be tortured and be in severe pain for the rest of his life before going to hell!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Jesus, that's horrendous!!!! How can anybody be capable of doing anything like that to a baby, it's beyond belief!

He deserves to be put to death in the most horrific way himself, shame he'll just get locked up and be allowed to live the rest of his pathetic life. :x
  • Options
    My god there really are sum very sick and evil people out there!! He deserves to be tortured himself!
  • Options
    The baby girl survived, she has skin grafts and is living with relatives. He tried to claim insanity but there was no evidence to suggest that he was insane.

How could someone even think about doing that to a child, a baby of 2 months old, let alone actually going through with it. I dont understand people like that, and to plead not guilty. I cant believe human beings like this exist, he doesnt deserve a life.
  • Options
    Yeee.. my husband came home from work yestarday and told me this horable story. How sick can a person be to do something like that?:evil:
    He is monster and in my opinion 25 years is not enough. He should stay there for life. There is no place for him outside the bars. I head that the little girl was badly burned but I hope she gets well soon. I totatlly agree with you Jojo since I had my son I have become very sensitive about babies being harmed. I think is our nature....the mother think. Ohhh...everytime I read somethink like this horible I go and give my son the biggest hug and kiss. That makes me feel better and him protected.
  • Options
    How could you even be so sick to even think up something like that is beyond me, what a total sicko. Makes me sick how people like this are allowed to habe kids and yet theres perfectly loving people out there not able to have kids. Makes me so angry and upset. Poor little girl, hope she gets well soon
  • Options
    my god, i will never understand some people, to think of the poor child who has no way of protecting themselves. it makes me sick, just like that story about those poor children pushed off the balcony by their own father! How can people do this, and why on earth do they have children in the first place, these people will burn in hell!
  • Options
    How can anyone be so cruel to a 2 month old baby who has absolutely no control over their own life.
    This man should never be allowed out of jail ever. He should be put through as much pain as is physically possible.
    I hadn't heard the story but even so tears have come to my eyes just reading this

• Options
    i hadnt heard that, but how could someone be so sick to do that to a 2 month old baby or to anyone for that matter. he should be tortured too. my heart goes out to the little girl !!
  • Options
    When I read this post I was so upset I didn't want to know anymore about it but when I found out she survived I was so relieved I thought I'd read about it so looked it up on google which I then found the american news on youtube but there was one persons comment on there that makes me feel sick to the stomach! Why are there such sick people in this world??
    They are obviously looking for attention, either that or they are completely retarded and sick in the head!!
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WZdPVTjt9wc

PS: This link takes you straight to the news story so dont paste it if you think it might upset you.
  • Options
    Just watched that link - I can't believe that the mother wants the baby back and the father out of jail so they can be a 'family'! From that news article I don't think either parent should ever see that child again and the father should be forced to have a vasectomy so he can never father an innocent child again.
  • Options
    I remember when my oldest son was born (nearly 15 yrs ago). It was the trial of the 2 boys who had murdered little Jamie Bulger and it affected me horrendously. At the time I was working and I kept crying everytime someone mentioned it! Things like this really do seem worse (if possible) once you have become a mum dont they. I still see things about this story and shudder. Worst of all - the boys have been loose on the streets for years. It is disgusting.

In a weird way - thank god this was in America! The b*****d got a sentence he deserved, over here he would probably have got a suspended sentence or something stupid. The law in this country needs to match that in America!

Sorry this has turned into a rant. I am very homonal and HATE stories like this (as am sure you all do)

Love Lee
    xxxxx