Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nightmare at bedtime!

My 3 1/2 month old daughter still screams every night when we put her to bed. We have tried everything to get her to go quietly without any success. Every night we spend up to an hour (sometimes more) trying to calm her down and get her to sleep. I have been following the same routine and bedtime for about 6 weeks and I am now getting really fed up as I am worried she is going to be like this forever - help!

Replies

• Options
    hey there my daughter is exact same age... what time do you put her to bed and what are her sleep patterns during the day... do you still rock her to settle her?claire x
  • Options
    I'm by no means an expert and you'll probably think I'm asking a stupid question but what time do you put her to bed? Could it be that she's over tired before she's getting put down cos that was the problem with my daughter. Another possibility is if she's not tired cos she's had a nap too close to bed time. Is it only bedtime. What's she like at her daytime sleeps? Jo
  • Options
    Hi....My LO is coming up for 5 months and although we had no problems at bedtime he was quite unsettled during the night. I also had PND so things were pretty bad. I saw an article in a magazine a few weeks ago about a sleep training book and more importantly a support forum where you can get tailored advice and so dived right in. I can't believe how different things are now. My baby is sleeping through the night and I'm a different woman. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the website here so I'll try and if it doesn't appear then contact me by email and I'll let you know if you're interested. It's www.babysleepanswers.co.uk and is without a doubt the best thing that's happened to me recently.

Ann
  • Options
    We put her to bed at 7pm (or earlier sometimes) after she has had her last feed / burp and the minute she starts yawning / rubs her eyes. She does normally have a nap after her 2-3pm feed and sometimes wakes up about 5pm, but I have found it impossible to get her to have a longer nap in the morning and a shorter one in the afternoon. Any help would be much appreciated and I will be looking at that website!

Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks for that - it's really good to hear someone who has come out the other side! I will be trying it tonight!