Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help! My baby hardly sleeps!

i have a 44 days old baby.. had heard that nweborns sleep for 16-20hrs... he hardly sleeps - for 8 hrs or so and mostly at nite. he sleeps in bursts of 10 -15 mins or so and that too when he is on my lap. he is also a very lite sleeper. any suggestions ! and he is v hyperactive and tried to crawl yesterday when put on his tummy ... i am zonked without sleep!:\?

Replies

• Options
    poor you!! my little man doesn't sleep a lot in the day except today!!he's 4 weeks old, usually i can't do anything i don't know why he's sleeping so much more today, but he probably won't sleep much tonight now!! i can't really help but i can sympathise! will look back and see if anyone has any tips for you cos i could do with some too!! try having a nap with him, i tend to do that in the morning if i've had a bad night,good luck Em & Noah xx
  • Options
    Hi, no wonder you're tired.

My little man is 12 weeks and doesn't sleep much during the day and when he does it's not for any length of time, so when he's awake I try to entertain him and let him play on his play mat and in his bouncy chair as much as possible, that way he sleeps longer on a night.
    I don't get much work done during the day because he's awake most of it but he sleeps for about 7 hourrs on a night.

Sammi & Harrison
    xxx
  • Options
    You poor thing.
    does he cry a lot and is he sick a lot? My baby didn't used to sleep for long at all - just half an hr at a time. He used to wake up being sick in his moses basket and then scream for hours. He had acid reflux and was put on infant gaviscon and he's so much better now.
    have you tried cranial osteopathy or reflexology?
    Hope this helps xx
  • Options
    Hi.things are much better now. Whats helped is massage- three times a day. He just loves it. Thought he still doesnt sleep for long hours, now he sleeps mostly throughout the night and atleast three hours during the day. H e is colicky in the evenings and medicine has helped to quite an extent. Thnks for all the replies.