Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Luke has the trotts and a red bum - is it teething

He has been starting teething for a few months now, red checks, dribbling but for the past 2 weeks he has been having solids and was fine, nice smelly little lumps of poo tmi sorry!

Yesterday I gave him a bit of scrambled egg as mum suggested it and so did the AK book, he was not keen on it so he did not have much.

Got up this morning and he stunck of rotten egg, the nappy was horrendos slimey horrible mustard yellow, he was in a right mess for little chap, so thought it was the egg from yesterday, but since then he has had the rus 4 more times and also I think he was got nappy rash.

I have been reading on internet that it usually means a tooth is on it's way, he is not crying only when hungary and tired, he has a bit of a cold ie blocked snotty nose at night and in the morning.

Apart from that he is fine, for his tead tonight I would normally give him a veg puree and a fruit one but Mum said I should go with a rusk and baby porridge, he woofed that down, so certainly not off his food!

Your experienses most welcome.

Replies

• Options
    hey chick thought id respond since i seen nobody else had

in my experiance it could be teething,Lennon got pin prick like rash when really teething but it could also be from the egg before,if its really uspet him and as he poo'd its touched his bum its a bit like a reaction and can be there for a few days yet

i would say stay away from the egg for a bit yet and just wash him bum in warm water and cotten wool,and a good pat dry like you would when there little,then any cream you may have

hope thats a bit of help x
  • Options
    To me it sounds exactly like my son when teething, he rarely went off his food when teething. He just had a runny nose, dribbling and a hugely sore bum with horrendously acidic poo (tmi) so sounds very similar.
  • Options
    he does sound like hes teething, just keep an eye on him incase it is a bug hes picked up, but seeing as u say hes not grumpy then i wouldnt worry to much. maybe give him a bit of calpol if his temp rises or teething powders if hes grumpy. have u been putting any thing on his nappy rash? metanium cream is very good and clears it up pretty quick. xxx
  • Options
    Hiya Rebecca,

My LO (6months old) had this last weekend and after a visit to the walk in centre it turned out to be infectious gastroenteritis (contagious tummy bug). He had really smelly, watery runs and had a very sore, red raw bum but otherwise seemed fine in himself. We were advised to just clean with cotton wool & warm water and to apply a nappy rash cream (Metanium is good as butterfly mentioned). The nurse also said to put a thin layer of vaseline over the nappy rash cream to keep it waterproof but you have to be careful about putting too much on as it will affect the absorpancy of the nappy. We were told to avoid solids (we're weaning at the mo) and to stick to his usual milk and give him plain baby rice for a couple of days.
    If it is a bug then it is contagious - hubby & I both got it last weekend too, not nice! The nurse did say there's loads of it going round and looking at status updates on facebook, half my friends have had it or got it!

Shell xx
  • Options
    Hey Grudie how are you I thought it was you when I read my email and you said Lemmon, I remeber you from ttc days, how are you all , r u still ttc.