Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Does anywhere exchange unopened nappies without a receipt?

Hi all
Does anybody know if supermarkets exchange nappies if unopened? When pregnant we stocked up on pampers and huggies but we are really not getting on with pampers. they have been leaking and generally just smell.
We asked in mothercare and they said no but i'm sure I heard Tesco's or Asda's might. We are happy to pay any price difference.
Thanks
Em

Replies

• Options
    I'm not sure but I've got an unopened pack from when rhys was born (he's 2 tomo lol) so that's gone in with all my bits for no2 ha ha
  • Options
    if u can remember which store ugot it from then they might, but i'mpretty sure the asda bought ones(for eg) will have a different codeon to the tesco bought ones, iyswim? so if u took some that u bought form asda to tesco then they wldn't be able todo it, but i've taken back asda nappies to asda (wrong size)without a receipt and hadno problems, think the issue is just they don't want to takeback stock thatwasn't theres as there is probably some tax implications or somehtingxx
  • Options
    I've exchanged some at Tesco before - I did have the receipt, but they didn't ask for it.
    A week later, my hubby bought the wrong size packs and chucked the receipt, and when we tried to exchange them they wouldn't do it, even though they had done a week earlier.

I guess it depends on whoever's at the customer services desk.
  • Options
    We're not liking pampers ither thankfully only brought one packet. Not sure if stores will refund/exchange. You could always go into the store say that you hubby purchased them pretend to be angry with him and ask if you can swap them for alternative.
  • Options
    I know that both our Asda and Tesco's exchange nappies no problems. I have done it on numerous occassions and never have the reciept. (Have a habbit of over buying when they are on offer!) Also the bar codes are the same on the nappies no matter where you buy them from. xxx
  • Options
    We didnt get on with Huggies but had also stocked up from different places. Boots exchanged all unopened ones, no questions asked, even though I told them I hadnt bought them from there.
  • Options
    I wouldn't expect you to have any problems with any of the main supermarkets. They're just pleased you walked through the door. I would just go straight to customer service and say you were bought these for Christmas but they're not the right size and can you have store credit or do an exchange.

H x
  • Options
    My sainsburys sometimes do and sometimes don't depending who is on the desk. My mum changed some at boots for me and they didn't even ask for a receipt. Xx