Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Treasure Baskets

Hi i've just started a Treasure Basket training course at our Children's Centre. I would highly recommend it if you get the chance to do it. It's amazing how lo loves household bits and bobs better than expensive toys image plus it's fun looking around for things to go in it.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of things to go in the treasure baskets. I have just started so so far i only have foil wrapping paper, a wooden bangle, metal sink strainers and a tin can safe. I was also thinking of shells? (would these be safe? obviously i would wash them first), pebbles in a net bag, scraps of different material. Any ideas would be much appreciated :\)

Replies

• Options
    We've got a session on this at our postnatal group in a couple of weeks so if you still need ideas, send me a message to remind me and I'll let you know what was in the baskets!!
  • Options
    wooden spoons
    spatula
    whisk
    washing up brushes/scourers
    a clean, empty make up bag
    a plastic cup
    an old mobile phone
    an old remote control
    tupaware type boxes
    paint brush
    tooth brush
    hair brush
    an oven grove
    an exfoliating glove
    empty carboard boxes

that's all I can think of - I'll have a root through abby's later, and see what else is in there.
  • Options
    a wooden spoon,
    some soft things (a sock, a teatowel)
    a bodypuff thing,
    an empty little water bottle with rice in (i used to work in a nursey and we had little bottles filled with water and food colouring or/ and glitter but it depends how old your little one is as they might not be able to lift it),
    an old biscuit or quality street tin that they can use as a drum,
    a toothbrush

I will have a think and let you know if i can think of anything else.

Charlene
    XX
  • Options
    Ooh thank you ladies, lots of good ideas there.
    I've only done the first session so far so still lots of time for me to pick up other ideas, but i'm too impatient and want to start putting the basket together straight away.
    So far my lo loves the holographic foil paper best image
    Oh and thanks Steph i'll have a look at those websites as well. xx
  • Options
    old CDx work well too as they are shiny! Or use a few as a mobile... big bead necklace/bangle - just make sure the string is secure holding them together.
  • Options
    hi im a child care student and doing treasure basket for one of my assignments i would suggest using objects around the house such as paper, foil, wooden blocks, wooden spoons, tennis balls, musical instruments, small bags of spices, lavender bags, bubble wrap.

hope this will help image