Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Breakfast ?

Hey ladies, Shannon is just over 7 months now and she doesnt seem interested in breakfast on a morning. ive tried changing the time i give her it but it makes no difference. i use to give her porridge/weetabix and have tried a few other things but she just refuses to eat it after a few mouthfulls. She will however have yougurt. do you think its cos its easiest for her to eat and a quick fix? do you think yougurt at this age is ok for breakfast if thats all she will have? i dont think she is much of a morning person...lol
Caz x x

Replies

• Options
    Hiya Caz I have a similar problem with Max. If he has nothing for brekkie he'll be screaming for his lunch by 10 O'clock, so I have to give him some, although he usually only manages a few spoonfuls of cereal (porridge or weetabix,) . But it seems he doesn't need too much to get him through the morning quite happily!
    I don't see why Shannon can't have yoghurt in the morning if its all she'll eat its got to be better than nothing? xxxxx
  • Options
    BTW love the new avatar! Shannon looks sooo cute! image
  • Options
    wot bout toast if she can hold things just cut them up in to squres that way she can do it herself,my girls 15mnth n loves avin jam,marmalade,nutella on toast,smetimes she will jus eat grapes
  • Options
    Thanks anatoriac, i thought it should be fine but then worried abit if it was enough. i tend to try give her a few mouthfulls of porridge then when she wont eat no more, i give her a yougurt.
    sd2fi2, ive not tried toast for a few week as last time i tried she wouldnt eat it herself and was at the still gagging on everything stage!! lol
    so it took ages just to get her to eat a bit. i will definately try her again with it though, now she is eating more finger foods so hopefully she might eat some toast.
    Caz x x
  • Options
    oki doki,anythin is worth a try really isnt it.mia never turns food dwn lol,so now i have to learn to cook proper food lol...
  • Options
    she could be gettin to an age where she wants to do it herself!my lo wouldnt let me feed her when she reached 1yr.Maybe she would like toast as she can do it herself??
  • Options
    Do you think she is going for the yougurts cos she has been teething, with them being cold? her bottom 2 teeth have been trying to pop through for a few week now...
    Caz x x
  • Options
    she could be u neva know,its just 1 ov them things init we av gotta get used to our kids no matter wot there age lol,kids will be kids