Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My poor sister

Hi All

I gave birth 3 wks ago to my 5th child and at the time my sister was 21 wks preg with her 1st, but unfortunatley at 23wks she went into labour and she had a little boy but unfortunatley he had died inside her (heart beat was strong a few hours before) i am so heartbroken for her and her partner, i really dont know how they must few, and cause ive got 5 i feel so guilty, i know i shouldnt but i cant help it.

i know theres nothing i can say to my sister to make it all better but i wish there was.

Just needed to get it off my chest

thanks

lisa

Replies

• Options
    Oh honey that's awful. But you musn't feel guilty, it's mother nature, not you. All I can suggest is that you let her know you're there for her when she's ready, and give her time. She'll find it hard seeing your new baba, so let her make the first move/contact when she's ready. But PLEASE don't feel guilty.
    Lou x
  • Options
    No words of wisdom I'm afraid, but the girls above me are absolutely right. Just wanted to say how sorry I am xx
  • Options
    Im so sorry same thing happened to me but i was 20 weeks with my first when i miscarried and my sister was 13weeks pregnant with her 2nd however she had lost twins at 28 weeks when i found out i was first prepnant so we had both suffered losses within months of each other. My sister was fully understanding with me as i was her and im sure ur sister would want u to enjoy ur new arrival. I became pregnant again when my sister was nearly 7 months now our boys are in the same year at school. It will be tough for ur sister i cant lie but with alot of love and support she will get through it and go on to have beautiful babies. Take care and look after yourself xx