Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My first post

Hi everyone, I haven't posted on here before, but I used this sight alot when I was pregnant for information etc. I am no longer pregnant, I had a still birth at 24 weeks in December and I am really struggling to come to terms with it still.

The pregnancy was a complete shock as we were due to be getting married this June, but we embraced it and put the wedding back to 2010. I had a very difficult pregnancy from day one, lots of sickness and bleeding all the way through, then at the 20 week scan we found out we were having a little girl, we were over the moon, although the hospital told us she was a bit small, but they weren't too worried and would scan again in 4 weeks. I went for a scan 3 weeks later cos we had booked a 4d scan and it was fine, but then at the check up scan they couldn't find a heartbeat, I was alone at the hospital as my fiance was really busy at work and we had been told it was just a check up. The midwife drove me back from the hospital and called Steve. He came home and he was devastated, I will never forget the look on his face when he walked through the door.

I had to go back to the hospital 2 days later to deliver my baby girl, it was the hardest thing I have ever done, she was so perfect and so pretty and had Steves top lip. They ran some tests and foundshe had a major heart defect and is she had have lived she would have had a very poor quality of life. So after a couple of weeks we decided to bring the wedding back to June and throw ourselves into the planning of that, which we did and we coped so amazingly well I couldn't believe it. We had a lovely xmas and new year. It was only when life returned to normal after xmas that it all hit me. I had a couple of really bad weeks where I did nothing but cry. I then seemed to pull myself out of it. But this week my friend has just had a baby and I am really struggling again. I can't seem to get excited about the wedding in a few months cos all I want to do is try for another baby. We do plan to as soon as we are married, but it seems like forever away. And also to make matters worse my sister in law is pregnant and I am trying so hard to be happy for her, but it's so hard.

I know it sounds silly, but I feel like I am going to lose Steve, this is the 3rd baby I have lost, when I was pregnant he had always had a look in his eye like he was so proud and would do anything for me, but I don't feel like I've seen that look since.

I've never been more desperate for anytihng as I am for a baby, but I don't think h2b understands.

I'm sorry this is so long, just needed to get it off my chest I suppose. xx

Replies

• Options
    OMG youve been through so much i dont really know what to say except i think you should talk to your h2b tell him exactly how you feel and how youre worried about your relationship

good luck in whatever you decide to do xxxx
  • Options
    I have tried talking to h2b but he doesn't really get it and just thinks I'm unsatisfied with what we've got. I love him soooo much, but I feel like we've been dragged through so much that there's no light at the end of the tunnel. And we also have some money issues at the moment which seem to be taking over when i should be allowed to grieve.

xxx
  • Options
    Oh Hunny, I dont really know what to say but didnt want to read + not reply. My thoughts are with you xxx
  • Options
    Oh god that just made me cry reading that. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, made me think how I would feel if i lost my LO and I can't even imagine how it must feel. I don't see how you would lose your h2b - having this horrible thing happen to you both will surely have made some incredibly strong bonds and I'm sure he's just dealing with it in his own way. Do you have any friends/family that have been through similar experiences? Cos you could try having a deep & meaningful with them. There's plenty of women on here that have been through similar things that i'm sure would be more than happy to talk to you bout stuff thats on your mind.
    Big hugs hunny, just keep your chin up and think about the wedding.
    lau xxxxxxxx