Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello introducing myself in here

Hi everyone. Just wondering if I can join you in here? I've been a member of BE since 2008 when we were ttcmy first son (Theo who turned 3 on Wednesday). Our second son Owen was born last may and was utterly perfect. However soon after he was born we found that Owen had a few problems. As well as being profoundly deaf he had some very major heart problems, pulmonary valve stenosis and hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, as well as other problems all related to his diagnosis of LEOPARD Syndrome. Among the millions of hospital appointments we had a wonderful time with our gorgeous boy. And then in January our worst fears came true. Owen had a sudden cardiac arrest at home. I performed CPR and the paramedics defibrillated him. He survived. But he suffered extensive brain damage and NEC and after 3 weeks in PICU the doctors told us there was nothing more that could be done for him. He was extubated from the ventilator and we brought him home for 2 weeks before going to a wonderful children's hospice. He survived another 8 weeks before he died in my arms on 15 April. I now find myself completely lost. I have theo who is a star and keeps me going but I feel like I'm at rock bottom right now. I am consumed by thoughts of ttc but hub says we should wait (only another month or 2). How did you know that you were ready and ttc for the right reasons? Also I would love to hear from you and about your angels and am so sorry for everyone's losses. This is the worst thing I can imagine image

Replies

• Options

Oh sweetheart, I recognised your user name and just wanted to say I'm so sorry for the loss of your darling boy. I can't being to imagine what you must be going through. Thinking of you xxx

• Options
    I've just come on here after 1.5 years away to delve into the single mum forums and saw this and wanted to wish you the very best with this next amazing step. You really are amazing xx
  • Options

have just read your message and like the others wanted to say how sorry i am, i have a 9 month old boy and the thought of what you've been through is unimaginable. I'm sure you loved owen every moment he was here with you and that he loved you back, and was happy.

No advice to give im afraid, i know a part of you will always be with owen but i hope in time the memories you have, and theo, will ease the pain a little xx

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm going to move over to trying for a baby as its a bit quiet on here and hub has agreed we can start ttc now. Xxxxx