Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice for grieving Mum please

Hello

I am back on BE after a few years. I found this site a good source of information and support when I was expecting my Daughter in 2009 and my Son in 2010.

Since then I sadly experienced an early miscarriage in March 2014, and on 23rd October 2014 gave birth to my sleeping baby Ethan (died week 18).

Its been a very painful couple of weeks, and on Monday is my Sons burial.

I feel very lost. I would be very interested in talking with Mums who may relate to my story and who may be able to offer some help, support and/or advice.

I would like to TTC again soon, but apprehensive. Feel very lost.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, didn't want to read and run. So sorry for your loss, I can't begin to imagine what your going through x
  • Options

Hi RachelandBabies.
    It's lovely to have you back with us, although we really wish it was in other circumstances. We're all so sorry for your loss, our sincerest condolences on the loss of your baby boy Ethan.
    We're going to move your thread into our Bereavement topic – partly because we think more people might see it there, and partly because we're in the middle of a big topic tidy-up right now and this topic is shortly going to merge into the Pregnancy topic – and we don't want your thread to get lost in there.
    Personally, I have lost two babies - one missed miscarriage and another was a twin pregnancy that ended with the birth of one baby. I know this is not the same as what you've very sadly recently experienced, but I do have two very close friends who have lost full term babies.
    I don't think there's a magic answer or solution (I asked my friends, explained about you), but they did say to take time to grieve. Don't push yourself or expect too much - something tragic and terrible has just happened, so don't expect to wake up right as rain one day. But do know it will get better, just because it does. Both of my friends I mentioned - one went on to have two boys and the other two boys and a girl.
    You'll never forget Ethan, but hopefully your family will continue to grow, when you feel the time is right. And of course you have your precious boy and girl right now.

• Options
    Hi hun I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what yours going through but my neighbour lost her little boy on his due date, my cousins wife lost their little girl at 30 weeks and a close friend list her little boy also at 18 weeks. All 3 went on to have successful pregnancies not long after and all had healthy little girls xx
  • Options

Hi am posting regarding a friend could  politely ask you all to sign this petition, my friend lost her baby:( and it was all the doctors fault 

https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-baby-harris

Please support us