Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help and advice

hi, I recently just had a miscarriage 8 days ago I would have been 10 weeks, the past 2 night when I go to bed, my heart starts racing where I cant sleep I jumped up my breath is catching I feel like I can't breathe, my question is would this be a panic attack or something? It is really scaring me I can't get a doctors app until next week, the past two nights of this happening I'm feeling like I'm going to die, I've tried googling which isn't great to see what is up with me and my partner said it could be a panic attack. If its not a panic attack what would it be? and if it is how do I stop this from happening? im so scared to even try and sleep tonight.

thank you, im not too sure I feel I have put this in the correct place.

Replies

• Options

Hi Lydiee, 

I am so sorry for your loss! I found out at my 12 week scan that we had had a missed miscarriage and I didn't experience quite what you are going through but I couldn't sleep and found myself getting short of breath and not being able to breath properly because I couldn't calm myself down a lot at night. I stopped after about a week but if its really concerning you maybe you should go into a walk in center and get someone to give you some advice. You could also ring your local early pregnancy unit as they will be able to offer you advise or fast track you to an appointment if they think you need one. 

It will get easier eventually I promise, big hugs!! 

xx

• Options

Thank you for getting back to me! im sorry for your loss! I called my doctor to try and get an early app so hoping they get back to me soon! ♥️ Im hoping it subsides and I can sleep tonight I don't know what it isn't but it's scaring me xx

• Options

Hi Lydiee,

I believe it sounds like a panic attack. I would say based on suffering two miscarriages myself you feel helpless & anxious. it is a scary time & completely out of our hands. It is huge emotions we are feeling, combined with hormones & perfectly normal.

we are grieving & it's hard to deal with. All I will say is you will get through it. Each night that goes by it will get easier. As soon as you learn you get through them, it will give you strength during a possible next attack. 

i have had panic attacks in the past, & close since miscarriage but get my stremgth knowing Iv overcome them before. It may help to see your doctor, he may perscribe something or simply listen... it can help massively to talk through your worries.

best of luck. You're certainly not alone xx

• Options

Hi Lydiee, so sorry for your loss. I also suffered two mc on this year April and July it's very tough and emotional to get through but it does get easier. We don't realize the amount of stress we carry until it's time to rest and then it hits and you suffer with the attacks.  I've had those in the past as well but what helped me was talking about it not be silent. Talking to your partner although he may become tired of hearing it but he needs to know this is what helps you to get by or even a professional. I refused to be medicated for the panic attacks so I learned how to control them. I don't know if you believe in a higher power or not but mediation and praying along with reading the Bible helped me every time and I learned how to control the attacks. I hope this helps if you wanna talk more you can email me. Best of luck to you and you will get your rainbow baby 👶😘