Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm pregnant..still breastfeeding!

We've said we won't tell anyone until 12 weeks but I think I can trust you all to keep it on the down lo!
It's early days (I'm only 6 wks pregnant) and it's a bit of a shock but very pleased.
I'm still bfing angelo (nearly 10mnths) and wondered if anyone has bf whilst pregnant? I have googled bf whilst pregnant and all seems ok to carry on as long as there's no risk/history of miscarriage. I plan to stop bfing angelo when he's a year and can have cows milk so my boobs should get a bit of a break before the new baby! x

Replies

• Options
    Hi, bf when pregnant is fine I stopped when I was about 7 wks pregnant my lo was 12 1/2 months. I wanted to stop and was feeling too tired and sick in the evenings to carry on. It did take her nearly 2 months to drink cows milk as she hadn't even had formula before. She didn't mind stopping feeding, I was expecting tears etc but she didn't bat an eyelid!
  • Options
    Congratulations! As far as I know you should be fine to continue to feed, I read somewhere that sometimes babies stop feeding when your colostrum for the new baby comes in as it makes the milk taste funny but if you are planning on stopping at 12 months that shouldn't affect you.
    xx
  • Options
    Thankyou! I read that too about the funny tasting colostrum but that shouldn't affect us as I think it comes in the 2nd trimester? I'm feeling knackered but just hoping I don't have morning sickness, I think i've had my share of that in the first pregnancy! I have a feeling angelo will also not be too traumatised when I stop bfing him but I do wonder how he will feel when I bf the new baby. oohh so much to think about.x
  • Options
    OMG Nicole, huge congrats!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry have no good advice about bf while pregnant but just wanted to say congratulations.
    Ahh a little brother or sister for Angelo, how exciting. Are you going to find out the sex?
    I've been getting more & more broody lately which is scaring me a bit but think we will wait a while yet.

• Options
    Thanks louise! We weren't exactly planning to have another so soon but it's great..that's our family sorted! I just really, really hope this ones a sleeper. So you're broody hey? What does your oh think? I think once you're broody it's probably really hard to wait.
    Looking into it I don't think bf while pregnant will be much of an problem, its just the tiredness thats an issue at the mo, but that applies to everything I do, not just bf.
    Yes I think we may find out the sex, we have quite a few scans here so would be hard not to.. but we'll probably not tell anyone..hehe!x
  • Options
    Hey, oh would have another in a heartbeat. He really wants us to have another but agrees it's a bit early for us at the mo. Remember I was saying we may move abroad in a couple of years?, well that may be the time we decide to try for no 2 I think when we both have more time on our hands.

Oh god the tiredness, I remember it well. The early stages may not be as bad but it was the last trimester that was particulary hard for me.
    You'll just have to lay it on with a trowel to oh to make sure he keeps on his toes lol.
  • Options
    Ah yes that would be sensible. It would be really nice if you both have lot's of free time. Funny enough I actually said I would only have another if we moved back to the UK as I did find it a struggle without close family to help..but then Angelo didn't live up to his name and was a horrendous sleeper which didn't help!
    Definitely laying it on thick but justifiably so imo!xx