Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

think it may be the end of bf for now :(

Hi all,hope you and babies r well! Like the title says i think this may be the end of bf for grace.Shes 11 mths and has been taking less and less from me for a while.She has only been having the mrnin feed frm me for a few months too and this mrning just didnt want it,shes far 2 nosy and wants to just get up and go! Im a little sad but also pleased that iv managed to reach almost 1 yr.I have been giving her cows milk b4 bed which she loves so i have no worry there.I am 4 1/2 mths pregnant with baby number 3 so wnt be too long until im bf again! Just wanted to say thanx so much for the support iv had over the past year and i hope you all have a wonderful positive bf experience like me and gracie have xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Well done for feeding for 11 months. It really funny both of my girls weaned themselves at 11 months but my boy i weaned at 23 months? i wonder if its a boy/girl thing? Like you say you'll be back here soon. take care. x
  • Options
    well done! its an inspiation to me that mummies bf for so long. i only got to 6 months first time. dd2 is 14 weeks now, going great but would love to get that far! we'll see. not long til you start all over again!!
    xxx
  • Options
    you have done really well to reach this stage, so well done. Thanks for all your advice and encouragement in the past. See you again soon.
  • Options
    Well done, 11 months is amazing. And thank you for all the advice you have given me and others, I've found this forum to be a great resource.

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy xx
  • Options
    Well done hun, 11 months is a great achievement! And its nice for you both in a way that she chose to wean herself off bfing rather than the other way - Im weaning off bf in a couple weeks and i dont think Rhys will take it too well! Glad she is taking the cows milk well for you. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and bfing your next lo :\) xx
  • Options
    Well done hun - you've given some fab advice to me over the months so even though you're not bf'ing any more don't disappear you're valuable! :lol: xx
  • Options
    rr thanx all for your replies! well i may be here a little longer shes been having a little the last few morning so gonna keep offering it i think until i have a few days in a row of her refusing! xxx
  • Options
    well done! you have done really well to get this far and it wont be long before you are feeding again, im hoping that i will still be here my self. x