Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

thrush in breasts

after my fun trip to hospital the other week my anti biotics have given me thrush in both breasts again im at my witts end its sooo painfull. im tempted to give formula just tonight but i know my oh will then start asking for him to go on bottle full time! he's not v supportive of my bf . i dont want to do it i guess i just need someone to say no lolly dont do it to keep my resolve up. and does anyone know how quick it will clear up if i use the canasten oral stuff???

Replies

• Options
    I'm afraid I have no experience of this at all so I can't help with how quick it will clear up but I can do the support bit lol! NO LOLLY DON'T DO IT!!! There, did that help? It will get better hun, over the course of feeding two babies (number two is only 3 weeks) I have fed through blisters, cracked nipples and three lots of mastitis, you can do this. Hope it clears up really soon for you.
    Kerry xx
  • Options
    thanks kerry , ive fed my older two for 6 months but never had a problem , my local services r crap so this time around im feeling alittle over whelmed but determined to see it thru as i love bf .
  • Options
    anyone with the same thing its been 2 days since taking the canasten pill n still agony in one side so back to the cream!
  • Options
    Make sure your baby is being treated for thrush too. Even if it doesn't show up in their mouths, you can pass it back and forth between you. Can you try expressing from that side and giving it in a bottle just to give yourself a break for one feed? It might help it settle down.
  • Options
    lo has dactarin oral gel, im trying to persevere as my breast pump (medela mini electric) ismore painful than baby n hand expressing is abit tricky for me as my kids r always bouncing around me lol its alittle better today only painful at feeds so im hoping that means its clearing up . thanks for the advice