Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

fao karen130770

hey karen hows it going?havent spoken in a while so just thought id see how u n the family r doing?is feeding still going well?grace is 4 1/2 mths now where has the time gone??!!!iv just started weaning her with some baby rice,its all fun!!I went to tesco yday n got a load of fruit n veg 2 start doin all the blending n freexing!dosent seem 2 mins since i was doing it with holly!Well xmas in 3 mths how scary is that!im starting my xmas shopping as got 2 kids 2 buy for this yr n loads n loads of family!Anyway hope ur ok hanna n grace xxx
ps:iv started a breastfeeding peer support course and enjoying it!Its so sad about baby sienna isnt it,i didnt know her as her baby was born after grace but when read all the posts i was in tears,our babies r so special.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya hon

We're doing really well. Despite every week me thinking that I'm running out of milk and that he's not satisfied, we are hanging in there - 15 weeks tomorrow! I've just tried him on some baby rice mixed with formula but he wasn't overly on it and when I picked him up he chucked the whole lot back up!

Oh don't mention the whole cooking bloody veg and fruit thing - you've sent shivers down my spine! My dh just thinks jars all the way, but I want to make as much as I can (homegrown thing again!) and I personally feel they get more taste from home cooked food - those jars taste bland by comparison.

It's so sad about little Sienna, it breaks my heart - well you know don't you having lost your little lad. Poor love, rotten times ahead.

How are things on the home front? Hope things are getting back on track for you.

Good for you with the breastfeeding support - I would love to do something like that in the future, but for now I still feel as though I'm getting through week by week. I also give him the odd bottle of formula cos I find expressing so hard - I hate giving him it as I'm such a bf snob these days - but it does take a lot of pressure and stress off me.

Give Holly and Grace a big squeezexx
  • Options
    dont feel bad about givng him the odd bottle of formula,ur human and can only do so much.Reiss is still getting mostly breastmilk so you should feel fab about that!yea we r doin ok thanx,grace wasnt too keen the 1st day i tried her with baby rice but shes takin more each day,think its just learning for them after they have been used to just milk!Have u got any idea how long u wanna feed for or r u just gonna go with the flow so to speak??sorry for the pun!! xxx
  • Options
    I would love ideally to bf for a year - maybe even longer in the morning and night - I'm now not even ruling out up to 2 years (oh no I'm going to be on Chan 4 feeding him when he's going to uni at this rate!)

I really really hope that my milk lasts though - even now I'm paranoid that it's going to stop. My boobs never leak and never ever feel heavy of full anymore and I hope with the onset of solids that I don't just dry up - I'd cry so much if I had to stop. The thought of getting a bloody bottle in the middle of the night just makes me want to bawl!

how do you wake Grace up enough for a dream feed? I don't want him to have formula every day, but it's so hard to wake him up enough. Also, what time do you wake her? Want to try this to see if he'll drop the 3am feed. Come on peer supporter - give me the advice lolxx
  • Options
    i am aiming for a yr too but will prob b like you n wnt b able to stop if she still wants a couple of feeds a day!
    Hey i wouldnt call me a peer supporter yet!only done 2 classes so far,lol.Grace is still asleep really when i get her out of her cot to feed her and as soon as she smells me shes rooting!she feeds whilst still asleep!before she was used to it though id change her nappy to wake her a bit and then feed her.As for your milk supply,i hope u can keep it up,iv heard that its normal for you to not get that full feelimng when baby reaches 3-4mths cuz your body gets used to producing just what baby needs,i dnt really get it anymore apart from in the mrning cuz she sleeps thru tha night.
    Anyway when u doin us these stickers??!!lol xxx