Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Struggling?

Hi I am new to this site.
I have 2 sons,my first I had no problems with breast feeding and he took to it really well.
My youngest is 8 weeks and I am having a few difficulties, he is quite a sicky baby as after most feeds he is sick and he only seems to feed for about 10-15minutes but goes 3-4 hours between feeds.
I am concerned he is so sick that he is not getting enough,he has put on weight but is smaller than his brother was at the same age.

many thanks.

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear your having a tough time with your little one being sick, always makes you worry! But as long as your baby is producing lots of wet and dirty nappies, and putting on weight then i would try not to worry about it. Often they bring milk up if they need to be burped, and any milk on top of that air bubble gets bought back up - so maybe try burping after 10 mins or so - or when you change breast? All babies come in different shapes and sizes, so try not to compare him to his older brother too much image

xxx