Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleeping at 4 months

Hi Ladies, I'm still feeding my little at 15 weeks, and was wondering if it is still normal for him to be feeding every 2-3 hours through the night. I was hoping he may have started going longer inbetween night feeds now, as it's exhausting me.

Have you're lo's done this, or have they started sleeping through by this point? Any advice appreciated!

Replies

• Options
    i'd say it was fairly normal hun! my dd2 fed quite frequently int he night til she was on 3 x meals a day. at about 7 months, once she was fully weaned, i didnt feed her in the night anymore, i taught her to resettle herself and she got used to the fact she wouldnt get boobie in the night!
  • Options
    My lo is 17 weeks and sleep from 9.30 ish to between 3.30-5.30.
    but he does still feed for 2-2 1/2 hours before bed.
    hopefully your lo will start going longer at night soon.
    xx
  • Options
    Yup, entirely normal, I'm afraid. Peter fed every 2-3 hours until about 4 months then dropped to two feeds a night and then one, about two weeks ago (he is 27 weeks today). It does get better, but it can take time. Don't worry and I hope you get some more regular sleep soon.
  • Options
    This was also the norm for me, and sorry to say it went on until she hit 6 months and was having 3 meals a day.

The good news is she's slept through ever since.
  • Options
    Oh i can't wait for him to start sleeping through, i'm really not good when i haven't slept properly. Sounds like i've still got another couple of months to tough out though :S