Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

breastfeeding councellor?

Hi girls,
I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about becoming a breastfeeding councellor?
I had lots of problems with LO in the beginning with bf but with a lot of determination and very little help, overcame them and we have been feeding successfully now for 9.5 months.
My SIL has recently had a baby and had problems with breastfeeding from the beginning and it made me think that surely there are other women out there having problems that need a bit of help and its something i would really like to do if possible
Thanks in advance for the help
Gill
xxxx

Replies

• Options
    i had loads of problems at the begining and got help from a local volunteer at bibs (breast is best). i don't know how you get into that, but we have since became friends so i could ask her for you, but i know it is only voluntary - but guess its a start?

before i had my baby i thought i would just put him to me and that would be that, i never knew it would be hard (or hurt!) at ll and i was so glad there was someone there to help me as i was desperate to bf and thankfully with her help i did, so there is definitely a need for a bf counsellor, i think it would be really interesting xxx
  • Options
    thankyou that would be a big help, i thought it would probably be voluntary so thats not a problem.
    Thankyou for your help
    xxxx