Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help! recurrent mastitis

Hi Ladies,

I feel really rude coming in here to ask your advice when I've not been on this site for ages but please forgive me. I would really appreciate your expert advice.

Baby Fox is now 11+ weeks old and has been exclusively breast fed. However I have now developed mastitis for the 6th time and feel dreadful. Baby Fox is a good feeder but is quite fretful and doesn't always feed for very long and therefore doesn't empty me always. She also has no routine whatsoever! I have also been expressing as I have several weddings and hen do's to go to this summer so need to stockpile a supply, and the expressing seems to be causing the mastitis.I'm not sure if this is by increasing my supply causing the ducts to get blocked?

Its really important for me to be able to exclusively breast feed her for as long as possible and I wondered if any of you may have any advice or tips to try and prevent the mastitis?

Thanks for reading x