Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ouch help

Hi guys im in agony my little girl is 4 weeks old and havent had any feeding problems but this morning i have woke up and my left breast is very sore just in one area ive fed from that side while massaging it in direction of nipple but still agony any ideas what it is?my lo has got thrush too im treating her but as shes feeding every 2hours i havent got chance to put the cream on me as its got to be washed off before every feed so can i leave the cream on and use nipple shields? any advice would be great thanks Lin

Replies

• Options
    I'm afraid it sounds as if you have mastitis, hun. :\( At least, it sounds exactly like what I have at the moment which has been diagnosed as mastitis. It probably comes from a cross-infection from your daughter's thrush. I'd get to your GP as soon as possible to get a proper diagnosis and, if it is mastitis, get some antibiotics prescribed. I'm currently on some and the symptoms have receded after 24 hours (although I have another 5 days to go to complete the course).

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It is a complete pain (in every sense of the word) but it can be sorted out so do see if you can get a GP appointment soon.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply it seems to have eased a bit today as i have got Leah to feed loads i read on the net this helps and i almost feel back to normal today fingers crossed ive escaped mastitis.i hope yours clears up soon fingers crossed you dont have any problems once its gone take care Linimage
  • Options
    Oh, good! I am glad to hear things are almost back to normal. I hope that you make a full recovery and have escaped mastitis. My infection seems to have cleared, thankfully, but I am going to finish the course just to make sure that it has gone. Now if I could just convince Peter that he doesn't need to feed every two hours day and night...! (Oh, the joys of the six week growth spurt!)
  • Options
    No advice but i hope you feel better soon xx