Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

im sad:(

:cry: think the time is coming to stop feeding image Abby is 8 months now and is hardly feeding from me at all now she has a feed first thing then 1 os 2 "sooks" through the day and a bottle at night (started this at 3 weeks and now she wont stop!!) i not really lookin for advice just sympathy as i am a silly old cow and have got myself in a wee bit of a state as she is my last and it feels realy final now
on the positive side she is growing well and loves her solids so i should just be happy image
will miss the closeness of our special no one else can do this time. bet my friends will be glad i will stop getting my boobies out now though lol
fea x

Replies

• Options
    Sorry you feel sad about it but youve done well and you will always have a special bond with her even tho she wont be feeding from you. You're the only one thats fed her and have that bond and no oe can take it away, just rememver that!

Big Hugs!
  • Options
    i dreading the day amelia stops....she def my last too and it will be sad. Make up for it by going shopping for some lovely lacey bras....
    just find other ways to feel close. read her a story at bedtime just you and her and hold her close while you do it...have a bath with her and just spend time looking at her and talking to her so you still get that close eye to eye contact we get when BF

Big hugs
    d xxx
  • Options
    thanks girls i know im just a drama queen and i will keep her wee "sooks" for as long as she wants and my milk is there i just getting myself prepared cos i cried lots when my son stopped after 11 months so im building up to it. i like the bra shopping thing will defo do that as i like to have nice undies and my nursing bras are looking a bit sad cos i know i won't be using them much longer so i wont buy new ones im such a cheepskate
    thanks girls
    fea x
  • Options
    Hiya I know how you must be feeling. Max is my first (and last!) he's 6 months now and I'll really miss the closeness of bf him.
    What I've started doing in the evening is take Max's clothes off then take my top off and lay with him on my belly and chest just singing and talking to him, it really relaxes him and then he goes to bed. It's lovely and close maybe not actually bf but still have contact with him and it helps him to sleep.
    Also bra idea is good - prob need to get re-measured! Also can start wearing whatever u want now instead of "easy access"! :lol:
  • Options
    Well, congratulations for going so long! It is very sad, but it's so good that you did this far... hold on to every little moment now, and like the others have said, you have your bond for life anyway...