Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

new baby,nightmare day advice please!!

Hi there ladies,any advice would be really great! i have a new baby girl who is almost 2 weeks old.I have been breastfeeding and its been going really well.She seemed to feed every 3-4hrs and a couple of times in the night.Over the last few days i have started to give her a couple of bottles in the veening of formula as she seems to get really hungry from about 4 o clock and i just can keep up.She wants to be permanently fed up to bout 11 0 clock if i feed her and i cant do this as have a 3 yr old to get ready for bed,t to do and my hubbie dosent get in from work till between 7-8pm so have no help!Anyway i have had the worst day today!lo has been permanently feeding all day for an hr at a time at some feeds and then when i put her down for a sleep she wakes again screaming for more food after 20 mins or so!im exhausted!Do u think she is going through a growth spurt???Any advice would be most appreciated,thanx in advance,hanna xxx

Replies

• Options
    my l/o used to do that, cluster feedings on an evening (supposed to help them sleep) does giving formula help? i think if she's feeding every hour or so it must be a growth spurt, or do you think she is wanting to suck for another reason? wind?
    sorry if thats not much help, hopefully it won't last!
  • Options
    yea if i give her formula she goes 3 hrs so i do it just in the evening to give me a bit of time to get the other 1 ready for bed!lol she does get wind yea but has never been like she has 2day. x
  • Options
    My lo is 4 weeks and had what I think was a growth spurt a couple of days ago when I was feeding him from 3-10 with only short breaks. It has stopped now, but he still (and always has) wants far more in the evenings. He did the same at just over 2 weeks, so hopefully it is just a growth spurt and she will calm down soon. Sorry not to have been more help
  • Options
    thanx angela for the advice,it all helps.The health visitor is coming tomorrow so i'll mention it to her but it does sound like a growth spurt like your little one xx