Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Secret to breastfeeding success!

Hi girls.
I just felt I had to write after seeing a few of you talking about painful breastfeeding. I went to a breastfeeding class while I was pregnant and found it so fantastic. I have managed to b'feed my 11 week old son with few problems and put my success mainly down to my patience and the classes. I have a great nursing pillow called a Widgey which is a great start as it's nice and firm to support your baby. I was given some great advice; once your baby's latched on, count to 10 and if it's still painfull then baby's not on correctly, so take them off and start again. As a result of this advice I have never had a painful feed yet. The midwife who took the classes has some steps to follow which I would be happy to share if anyone wants more help or advice.

I am by no means an expert but just just feel so sorry for girls when they talk about how sore they are when this could probably be easily avoided if they only had some more help.

Cat and baby Jack x :\)