Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Where to bf when out and about?

I was wondering if you ladies have any good ideas for places to bf in public. I'm one of those people who want to be as discreet as possible. (Without in any way wishing to offend anyone who walks around Next with their boobs out :lol: lol, I won't start that again!) I've fed in places like parks when there aren't many people around, but I'm not sure what I'll do if Beth needs feeding when I'm down the local high street for instance. I can imagine me spending loads over the next few months on cups of coffee that I don't want or need, just so that I can sit down somewhere quiet! Especially in the winter.

Replies

• Options
    I have to say that I end up feeding my lo in the car a lot when I'm out as I can sit in a comfy chair, listen to whatever music I like and not have to worry about being really discreet as I park facing the wall or bush etc. I also keep my feeding cushion in there so it is extra comfy lol. I do feed out in public when I have to but I find it much more relaxing in the car, although not everyone would like having to go back to the car to feed.xxx
  • Options
    I use the car or feeding rooms too. I dont tend to sit in cafe's much anyway! I am yet to feed in a cafe etc yet - lo 9 weeks old. In a shop at the weekend the feeding room was being used so I was offered the staff room!
    I fed my lo in the waiting room at docs while we were waiting for jabs - it was quiet but a few people walked past and I don't think they knew what I was doing!
    I changed lo in a 'family room' that was so yucky that I didn't want to feed her in there! and that was in debenhams!

• Options
    Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of feeding in the car- I really should start driving lessons soon :lol: I think feeding rooms are likely to be my best bet which is fine if I go into London (I live right on the outskirts) but in my local high street there is only the change/feed room in sainsbury's and morrisons- not very nice, but it will do if needed. I guess I will keep trying to feed lo just before we go out and hope that it's not needed!