Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bath, Breast, Bed

I've found that the nights Kyra has a bath before bed seem to really relax her. Then she has a feed then sings herself to sleep when put down. She's now in bed so contented all snuggled up! Does anyone else follow this routine? I find that I can't bath her every night as her skin ends up dry, I use vaseline on it, is there anything I can put into her water to prevent dry skin? Also, what time do your los go to sleep she goes up between 7.30 and 8 now xxx

Replies

• Options
    hi hun,i do this with grace also and have done since she was about 2 mths old.Shes really content going to bed like this,i bath her every night but saying that she has got dry skin too and hv told me it looks like the start of baby eczema! image She suggested using oilatum in her bath.Grace goes to bed at about 6 o clock because she simply wnt last any longer! Holly (shes 3 ) goes at 6.30-7pm xxx
  • Options
    You've got lucky there! Evie who'll be three in December doesn't go until 8.30-9pm. I think it's because they both have sleep in the day. Evie conks out between 1-2 and Kyra pretty much sleeps all day, only waking for a feed and play for 30 mins then sleeps again like a newborn!! x x
  • Options
    We use Oilatum and follow that with Doublebase cream.
    The only problem with Oilatum is that it contains a nut oil so in a sensitive child it can make the skin worse. Also, it leaves your bath like an ice-rink so be careful stepping in afterwards!
    Doublebase cream is lovely, we still use it now and Spence is 15 months old. To be effective you'll need to use it twice a day everyday. I slap it on Spence's face went it's cold as it helps stop wind-chapping.

Hope some of my rambling made sense

Liz x
  • Options
    We follow that routine to. My lo is 14 weeks. We started to put him to bed about 7, but, he won't sleep much during the day, so sometomes he is ready for bed around 5.30. He sleeps till 7 or 7.30 in the morning usually waking twice for a feed.

My little one gets dry skin too, so we follow his bath with a little massage using bedtime baby oil. He is so excited after his bath and massage that I think he will never get to sleep! He does - usually wiyhin 10 - 15 mins of being in hi cot - like yours coo-ing himself to sleep. :\)