Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

We're almost there with weaning!

Hi all

Max has been bfing for the past 14 months and I decided to wean him off a couple of months ago.
We're almost there! The only breast milk he has now is just before his morning nap, and just before bed.
But how do I drop these 2 feeds? Its so hard! Max won't go to sleep unless he's had breast milk, unless he's REALLY tired and in his pushchair or carseat.
I think its the comfort thing, rather than the actual milk and a cuddle just won't do it. He's far too wriggly!

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or has anyone managed to do this!?
Thanks xxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    sorry i dnt have any advise really as grace has cut her feeds down herself and only has 2 feeds a day now aswell. (shes 8 mths) sounds like hes got into a habit of falling asleep with a feed so its that which you will need to change and get him out of.Do you put him down awake so he knows how to fall asleep by himself?if not you may need to start doin this and probably need to use controlled crying,it will be hard as hes 14mths and has been in the habit for a long time but will be wrth it in the end.Sorry i cnt help any more xxx
  • Options
    Hi yes I've managed to drop the last feed. So the only time I bf Max now is before his morning nap. I think its more of a comfort thing for me, than for him TBH!
    But he's got a few teeth now and my nipples are getting really sore. I think it won't be long before I drop it altogether! xxxxxx