Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Breast shape/size - do they go back to 'normal'?

Hi, another question from me, sorry.

I am exclusively BF my baby and would like to do so until at least 6 months. I'm just wondering if my breasts will stay the size they are at the moment for the whole time I breast feed? My baby is 4 weeks old and I'm really struggling with clothes at the moment as my pre pregnancy tops don't fit as my boobs have become so much bigger. I dispair that I have another 6 months of feeling frumpy and my clothes not fitting properly. Will they shrink while I'm still BF or do I have to wait until I've finished breast feeding??

Thanks!

[Modified by: Peeptoe on 11 January 2010 16:35:35 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hello,
    I've been BFing for 4 months now and my boobs are still as big as at the beginning. I know what you mean about feeling frumpy - I look so top heavy and it doesn't suit me! BUT, to me its worth it and to be honest I look such a mess most of the time now anyway it really doesn't matter!

xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply - not quite what I was hoping to hear though!!
  • Options
    hi, my daughter was born sept 08 and im still breastfeeding her just once a day - my boobs were huge but now are back to approx the same size (wearing slightly smaller bra then i was b4 pregnancy) but look a lot different now lol, anyway, i think once you start baby on solids and they are taking more solids than breastmilk, you'll find they get smaller - I had a maternity singlet/bra that fit in pregnancy, was way too small for about 6-8months after maddie was born, and is now too big lol, so dont worry - they will not be the size they are now forever!
    (PS I exclusively bf maddie til she was 6mths, was bfeeding her 5-6times daily at 12 mths, then weaned her to once a day (sometimes twice if she's really upset or sick and wont eat solids) by 15 months - she's now almost 16mths.
    Hope this gives you some relief (lol) xxx
    Tilly
  • Options
    Hi

I loved my br feeding boobs they didn't change hugley after first baby was weaned simply went back to normal- but after the second they disappeared when I started weaning and are now tiny very sad ;(

Hope you end up with a pair you like, lol!