Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any Routine yet?

Just wondered what (if any) routine you breastfeeding ladies are in, my little boy is 8 weeks old nearly and generally very good but i don't feel we are in much of routine yet, mainly evening time, it can be unpredictable, he can be quite unsettled and feed sometimes every hour / hour and a half in the evening so he stays down with us, he can feed up to about 8:00 / 9:00 pm generally falling asleep then stays snuggled up on his dad or just asleep down with us, i'm worried we are getting into bad habits by not putting him to bed upstairs.

How many of you have a set routine and what is it? Just wondered if i am putting too much pressure on myself or if i really should be getting him into a routine, not sure how to get him down in the evening now though if hes being unsettled?

Replies

• Options
    Please don't presure yourself. My lo is now 17 weeks and still likes to feed all evening from about 6 til 9 then he will seattle for the night. Now sometimes i take him up and put him to bed and some times (like now) i just sit and cuddle him. Babies grow up so fast you need to make the most of them while you can!!

I have done this with each of my lo's and have not had any problem with getting them into their own bed when i felt the time was right.

It is not easy getting your BF baby into a routine when they are fed on demand.

just do what is right for you and enjoy.
    xx