Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

weaning,help appreciated!!

Ive just started weaning grace once a day but am getting a bit confused with knowing if im doin it right,would appreciates some advice if u got any?!
she has bit of fruit puree just at lunch time and a breast feed afterwards but still has same amount of bf as before,do u just stick to doing this until they r having 3 solid meals a day and then they start to cut dwn their feeds??also i give her her dinner about 12ish and even if shes fed from me like 2 hrs before or even less sometimes depending on when she wakes in mrnin n has 1st feed n she still feeds from me too,is this ok?im not gonna over feed her am i? thanx ,hanna n grace! xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hon

I've just started following the weaning guide in the Annabel Karmel book for feeding babies and toddlers. Looks really easy and some lovely easy suggestions for food as well.

It tells you how many meals and what to give on week one, day one etc etc. Let me know if you want it and I'll type it up and email it to you.xx
  • Options
    thanx guys,well today she ate quite alot of her fruit puree at lunch time and that was after a feed from me,i find shes a bit more relaxed and happy to take it after iv fed her so think i may keep trying this,im sure she wouldnt take it if she was ful frm my milk would she?I cant remember how long u w8 till u introduce another meal?i pureed up some swede and carrot last night so i can try her with that soon.She seemed really happy and was smiling away when i fed her today so think she likes her fruit!!She does seem to still take the next feed a couple of hrs later from me after her lunch,is this normal?She does have a cold and is teething poor thing so wondered if this could be making her feed a bit more too?

Karen-i think i had that book with holly and it was fab i cant find it anywhere!if u could e-mail sum info frm it id appreciate it thanx m8

hanna n greedy guts gracie!! xxx