Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

titrating breastfeeds

When we got into three good meals a day (about 6-7m) my daughter droped her feeds to 4 a day and 1 at night. Ive now helped her drop to 3 a day and 1 at night by introducing a snack as im preparing to ggo back to work in the autumn. How did you get down to 0 feeds?! What did you replace with or did you increase meal size? I work shifts, so will only be able to give a bedtime feed by the time I go back - at age 1.

Advice???

Em x

Replies

• Options
    My ds was on three feeds a day from about 7 months - at about 9-10 months I replaced the daytime/afternoon feed with a snack (fruit, yoghurt etc) and always offered a drink of water with it - he didn't seem to miss the milk at all.
    At a year old I replaced his morning and bedtime feeds with cows milk, which he still has now at two and I plan to continue it for the foreseeable future - he enjoys milk, it's good for him, he's still eating well and until it interferes with him being dry at night (we're not potty training yet) I don't see any need to stop his bedtime milk. Although the guidelines say cows milk from one year, my HV advised it's ok from about ten months, if you maybe wanted to swap the morning feed to a beaker of cows milk before a year.
  • Options
    exactly what i wanted to hear!! Id like to switch to cows milk in the morning at about 10-11 months, so i can get her settled before i go to work, and keep the bedtime BF til she is ready to give it up.

Thank you!

Em x