Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

give me some hope !!!

Hi Harry is 9 weeks today and I feel that braestfeeding has got loads easier up until two days ago. Harry was only waking once maybe twice in night but now he has gone back to feeding every 3 hours during night and I am shattered which makes me feel low about braestfeeding. I felt like I could go on breastfeeding for a lot longer but now I'm not sure. When did yr LO's have a better routine ? Do you think its some kind of growth spurt ? Is there anything i can do ?.
xx

Replies

• Options
    It may well be a growth spurt, I think there often is one around nine weeks? My lo was so erratic with how often she woke up - sometimes once a night, sometimes a lot more! It does settle down though, the first few months are very hard.

Do you express at all? Would your oh be willing to do one of the feeds with expressed milk?

Also make sure you're eating and drinking plenty so you produce enough milk and have enough energy.

Everyone told me to sleep in the day when the baby sleeps, and I found this so difficult, but if you can just grab a little bit of rest in the day it really does help.

Sorry if this isn't much help! You're doing a great job though, which can be so tough, but is so rewarding.

• Options
    Thanks so much for yr replies. Harry only woke twice last night which is good. I don't think that I've been eating brilliantly and have stepped up drinking more plus OH got up early with Harry this am so I got some more rest. Thanks for yr support. I will also make sure I feed 3 hrly during the day.
  • Options
    I would say make sure you are still drinking more and eating plenty. It's easy to forget about that, but your body needs it.

Alison & Lily xx