Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

diet whilst bf

Has anyone changed their diet whilst bf to help reduce the amount of wind their baby has? if so has it made any difference?

Ive cut out greens, onions and oranges - dont know if its made any difference. dont know if this is a pointless post

Replies

• Options
    I stopped drinking fizzy drinks (too acidic), and eating citrus fruit, grapes and spicy food when lo was very young as these all made him windy and in pain. Now he's 5 months old i eat pretty much everything and he just trumps a lot!! x
  • Options
    oh I never even knew to try this :lol: so no I didn;t change anything - ate more generally espesh in the early days to give me enough energy!
  • Options
    I've tried to cut down my caffeine intake in the hope that this might help with my lo going off to sleep better (not with a great deal of success at the moment I have to say!), not sure if it will help with wind though. I've heard avoiding spicy foods can be a good idea.