Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Breasting tops???

Hi ladies im g/c from DIA and plan on breastfeeding when bubs arrives. I was just wondering do you wear specifically designed nursing tops and dresses or just your normal clothes, i have seen some nursing tops but dont really like them and they seem abit pricey.

What tops do you find the most practical to wear? Im big busted and worried about flashing my modesty to some poor unsuspecting member of the public, lol.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :\)

xx

Replies

• Options
    I am big busted too and have struggled to feed in public without exposing myself at times, usually when DS gets frantic and I am trying to hurry up. I have got some bras from debenhams that are double layered with a hole in the bottom layer so you take the flap down as normal and a band covers the top part of your boob. I also got some feeding tops from asda for ??8 that are like crossover tops with a panel underneath if that makes sense, the 2 layers separate so you can just open the gap to feed and once LO is latched on I rearrange myself a bit and then you can't see any flesh at all, it just looks like I am hugging baby.
    I find it difficult to get him latched on with a muslin covering me so I have found them really helpful and would recommend gettin one to try. At home I just wear vest tops and pull them down to feed, no modesty required at home!
  • Options
    Those Asda tops sound like the H&M nursing tops I used, but way cheaper. I can totally recommend those types of tops. They are fab. I am quite small chested tho, but my friend who I have started to pass the tops onto has very large boobs now and they are fine for her too. You get into your own way of feeding discreetly. I have fed in various coffee shops, on public transport and in the city centre gardens without flashing at any poor unsuspecting members of the public! x
  • Options
    I don't have any breastfeeding tops instead I started with some large maternity tops but now I tend to wear a vest and jumper and pull the vest down or I'll wear a shirt or a jacket or a scarf but now my lo is 4 months she so nosey she needs her head covering so she doesn't get distracted by everything.