Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How to feed for longer?

My DD is nearly 2 weeks old. She currently feeds for around 10-15 mins each feed. She seems satisfied cos she pulls herself off the breast. The midwife had no concerns so I was fine.
Two nights ago, she had a 30 min feed plus a short 10min feed just 40 min later - she then slept for 7 hours straight that night (utter bliss!!). Although there may have been other factors involved in her sleeping for so long but the longer feed must have played its part!
So my question is, how can I give her a longer feed for the last nighttime feed again? I can't force her to take more once she pulls off! Any tips grateful!
xxx

Replies

• Options
    My LO does the same falling to sleep during feeds and only feeding for 10 minutes or so. I feed him then change his nappy when he drifts off which wakes him up enough to feed for another 10 or 15 minutes. He has started going 4 hours between feeds at night although he feeds a lot more frequently during the day.