Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else feel drained?

Not sure if linked to bf, but it probably is, but does anyone else feel drained or not have as much energy? I don't feel like this all the time, comes in peaks and troughs really. Not sure how best to make myself feel better - eat more do you think?

Sorry if pointless post.

Susan

Replies

• Options
    Thank you for your help. Will def pay a visit to H&B to see about this spirulina. What is it meant to do?

What types of food give you energy - ie should I eat more protein or carbs etc>?
  • Options
    Hi I found that taking a good multi vitamin like pregnacare (which can be used when b/f) really helped me when I was feeding.
  • Options
    Hiya, i too felt drained and suffered lack of energy due to bfing it got to its worse at about 5/6 months for me and i even fainted in tescos because of it!lol But after talking to my hv i realised it was because i wasnt eating often enough and she said i had make sure i was eating every couple of hours throughout the day and i made sure i was taking multivitamins everyday as i have a rubbish diet and i soon started feeling a lot better. Hope you feel better soon xx
  • Options
    Hi Susan,

I have been feeling really drained recently too. I have been suffering with low iron levels since Matthew was born so some of it is linked to that. If you are doing the night feeds yourself then you will be more tired! I wasnt sure I was eating enough so I wrote it all down one day and it really didnt seem much. Im trying to eat more healthy foods but its really hard to find the time. Another girl I know who bf for 1 year said she ate constantly! She was always hungry.

Hope your feeling better soon!

Emma