Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Whats a dream feed?

Jus wondered?...... x

[Modified by: yummy mummy738 on 24 April 2009 23:34:30 ]

Replies

• Options
    It's when you feed them at about 10.30 or 11pm before you go to bed, to help them sleep through. You'r supposed to be able to do it without rousing them fully so they're almost feeding in their sleep. Never worked for me but I think a lot of mums do find it helps.
  • Options
    is anyone like me with this? if i tried to get Ruby out of her cot without waking her- no chance! if she did stay asleep, trying to get my boob in her mouth whilst asleep- no chance! i can see how you could do it with a bottle but i just have never found it possible with bf!
  • Options
    i did try it with Lexie and i managed to pick her up get her to feed and put her down without waking her but i found she still woke at her usual time so i havent bothered doing this with Leah but shes a pretty good sleeper.
  • Options
    Oh so like when I come to bed he hears me and gets up to get put in our bed but he's very sleepy and he likes to go on the boob for a bit but not for like a feed jus a suckle then he's asleep again????
  • Options
    Ive never wanted to try this incase lo wakes up and doesnt go back to sleep. I just tend to give her a bottle of ebm while she is awake before bedtime and that works.