Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feeding gone mad!!!

Abby is 7 months and has a bad bug and only wants boobies!!problem is we have been really good at weaning and was down to 3 feeds a day and now she wants a wee sook every 2 hours!!! she not really feeding but comforting and she is also using my nipples to teeth on!!!! so i getting really sore its like the start cos no matter how many times i take her off and reattatch her she not latching on properly and there is no reason not to as she knows how to we been feeding for months no problem i know there is nothing you can do but i feel better for writing it and i am trying to console myself with the knowledge that it should get better when the bug goes
fea x:\(

Replies

• Options
    Hey hun, hope your lo gets better soon.
    Have you though about using a breast shield to maybe help your nipples from getting sore? At least that way your lo will still get the comfort of being at the breast but your nipples wont get too sore.
    Caz x x
  • Options
    hi caz
    yes i have tried sheilds as she would only feed with them at first when she was small but her throat is so sore it was making her boak!! but things are slightly better this morning she fed properly this morning so feel a bit happier and she slept 7 till 6 so we all feeling a bit happier here hoping she on the mend now
    thanks
    fea x
  • Options
    Hi Fea,
    Glad to hear Abby is feeling better now!
    Caz x x
  • Options
    Hey Caz i spoke too soon we have had a day of sick and poo there is a bad bug up here and think she has it she has fed well from me (despite the sore nip!! and puking it all back up !!) and slept 3 sleeps today she is down now so i hope she wakes up a happy well girl after a nice long get better sleep!
    thanks for asking after her babe
    fea x
  • Options
    Aw bless her, hopefully she will sleep herself better then.
    Caz x x