Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Breastfeeding twins

Has anyone got any tips? Can it be done?:\?

Replies

• Options
    A lovely lady on here called Gemmiebaby did it for around 6 weeks I think so it might be worth doing an FAO for her in the Baby forum. It's definitely possible but hard work! xx
  • Options
    was just about to say the same as coco...gemmiebaby bfed twins, also u might wanna ask about bfeeding mummies in the 'twins, triplets and more' forum xx
  • Options
    Thank you - will have a look for her.
  • Options
    Hi, I don't have personal experience with this, but a friend of mine bf her twins for about 13 months and she loved it. She did have trouble convincing her mw she could do it, they were trying to persuade her to ff. In fact, they wouldnt let her leave hospital till she had given them a supplementary bottle of formula. She exclusively bf when she got home though. The babies were a little underweight, but she her other singleton babies were as well.

She got one of those v cushions, and she used to bf them both at once (although this cannot be done discretely lol!) - it was a lovely sight though!

When they got a bit too big for this, she went onto one at a time, and I think although it was a bit of a juggling act, she managed fine. I think she used to take it in turns feeding each twin first.

It was blooming hard work for her, but she was v determind and she did it.

Mx