Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Did you find bf second lo different/easier

Hi, it's a question for all that have breastfed more than once. I'm really curious how you found breastfeeding second lo? My 2nd is due in 51/2 months and though I'm looking forward to all the fab bits of bf I'm also a little nervous remembering the painful boobs and nipples in the beginning, wondering if lo is getting enough etc, and most of all the getting up throughout the night (I was not at all good at this). Did you feel more confident and relaxed second time round? Did you find it easier? Was there anything you did differently? Love to hear from all experienced breastfeeders! xxx

Replies

• Options
    My new little lad is now nearly 12 weeks old an I found it MUCH easier this time round. I think partly it was due to having a much better birth this time round, but he fed really well right from the start and although it was a bit painful for the first week I knew it wouldn't last which made it easier to cope with. I also knew all the tricks like feeding lying down, and feeding while doing something else so that has made it a lot less stressful. I've also found that this time I have absolutely no shame and will feed him absolutely any where, don't have much choice when you have a toddler as well!!
    xx
  • Options
    Loads easier and not just because I only had one rather than two this time. Its easier because of confidence, I know I can do it, I want to do it, and I more laid back and happier to feed lying down which has made the nights much easier to cope with.

The only thing ive found harder is entertaining my twin boys (18 months) when im feeding, but have come up with solutions (such as sitting them on either arm of the armchair so i can read a book to them both without one being closer to me as that causes fights and still b feed baby)

xxDBxx
  • Options
    Thank you both, that's really reassuring. I think alot of the problem first time was a bad start due to a not very good birth. Really looking forward to it! x
  • Options
    dont want to put a downer on it, but iv just had my 2nd lo and breastfeeding this time round was harder, with my 1st lo it was easy, she latched on straight away and just knew what to do, my 2nd lo didnt find it so easy as i wasnt producing any milk?dont know if this is bc i had a planned section at 39weeks so lo wasnt ready to come out so my body wasnt ready?or something?

i just wanted to tell ya as i dont think it matters how many lo's you have everyone of them can be different, weather it makes it easier or harder (hope its easier for you!)