Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

|Feeding all the time

My nearly 4wk old is on the breast every hour for an hour only to fall asleep then for 10 mins, the only way to escape is out in the csr, the minute we walk back in the house she's wide awake & wanting more breast. she sleeps a good 4/5hrs @ night but i just feel constantly tied to her trough the day. The dummy only works for a short while. I do give her an ounve of formula top up @ night which seems to knock her out.
Any1 any tips or views on it pls help

Replies

• Options
    When your lo is at an early stage, they can feed so regularly and it can be quite draining. Try to wake your baby up by changing her nappy in middle of a feed, or take a layer of clothing off. It will get better.
  • Options
    hey Lisa,
    i know how you feel! my DD2 ruby (now 14 weeks) was exactly the same! she fed almost constantly for about 8 weeks. Every professional i spoke to said she shouldnt be doing that and to give her a dummy, leave her to cry, make her wait etc and i just ignored them and carried on with what ruby wanted. it was so hard especially with a 2 1/2 yr old toddler too but gradually she got better although still feeds 2 hourly in the day. My advice would be to go with it as baby is trying to regulate your supply or possible getting you to produce more as she grows.
    She will settle more as she gets bigger but her tummy is still tiny so she wants it more frequently. keep going, you're doing brill x
  • Options
    my lo was exactly the same. he now goes 2hours max durin day with only 2 night feeds between 8pm -7am at 11weeks. it does get better. after all bf is demand feeding
  • Options
    Thanks for that, We've now gone from 1 extreme to the other.. She's got wind & is now refusing the breast???? i'm expressing as fast as i can to get a decent supply as she seems to take it from the bottle (fussy madam) Really don't want to give up BF (not got figure back yet Lol). Really... they ought to come with instruction manuals!
    x x
  • Options
    my friends baby refused breast after having bottles quite often as it was easier and quicker to get the milk from.
  • Options
    Thank goodness it was just a minor blip.. Back to feeding on the breast but now i'm an expert in expressing! That night out looks more promising now, that is if I can leave her :-/
    Thanks 4 all the advice though it realy does help
    X