Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

After some advise on BF to FF

:\?:\?
Hello, Hope everyone is well??

I'm Zoe and my LO is Alfie he's 11 weeks + 1 day.
I've been EBF since birth and giving alfie more bottle of formula just recently as not had a great christmas due to two bereavements in the family am now having trouble getting him to come back to the breast during the day....
Since around 5 weeks I have been giving him a bottle of formula at his bedtime feed and was still continueing to bf during the day. ( and expressing between 5-8oz)
I'm now really struggling and getting a bit down (as i have a stinking cold also!!)...
So am thinking about going to formula apart from the morning feed! as I would like to carry on giving bf in the morning.
Not sure how to go about this?? PLEASE can someone advise?

Many Thanks
Zoe x

Replies

• Options
    hi, ideally u need to keep breastfeeding at least two feeds a day. i mixfed ds from 3weeks to 7months, and as soon as i went down to one feed (the first oen of the day) that was it, not only did he not want to know, but alos my milk started to dry up. it was only another two weeks until he completely refused the breast anymore. i knwo tahts probably not what u want to hear. personally if u want to cut down i wld say perhaps work it so that u do morning and evening feeds, and ff at lunch (when ur most likely to be out) and bedtime, then as he gets older he'll begin to drop some milk feeds anyway, but all the time who still wnat to bf u do need to be doing at least 2 breastfeeds in a day. when i dropped down to two ds was only on 4 feeds aday, so he was having bf first thing, bf late morning, ff, afternoon and ff bedtime, before that i had done one bf inbetween the afternoon and bedtime bottles as well. hth xx
  • Options
    Thank you very much i will continue to bf in the morning and express in the everning.

Many Thanks
    Zoeimage