Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Silly question but confused!

Hey i am not due untill august but i find myself thinking about bfeeding alot! i want to give it a go but also want hubby to have a go aswell so thought i could express a bottle a day for him! but if i find expressing a pain or that i was gonna do a formula bottle but if you dont use it from the start how do you know which formula to get?? i heard if you bottle feed from hospital they can give you a couple of diff kinds to try? but i want to breast feed from start and introduce a bottle a few weeks later!

xx

Replies

• Options
    hey Mrs RB,
    hospitals normally advise aptamil as being best to use to supplement bf as it's closest to breast milk. if you're not sure just buy some of the ready made cartons and you could always see which lo prefers!
  • Options
    Thank you! i am going to write it down terrible memory just now!lol

thanks again xx
  • Options
    Hi. BF can be hard work at times, both you & the baby need to learn how to do it. Giving a bottle could confuse the baby. I had the same idea as you, let my partner do the night feed with a bottle. Expressing is a pain with a hand pump. It took up too much time & then it was quicker to feed LO myself, as I was already awake from the crying.

My LO was in NICU for a week & he was given formula for a few days. A MW told me to get BF as soon as possible to get him off it. She called it " that muck" !!!

My OH helps out in other ways, changing nappies, dressing him, keeping him amused while I have lie in. If men were ment to feed babies they'ld have breasts!

Good luck in August