Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Colic

Last day or two Faye has been quite windy and not really settling in between feeds. Yesterday I think she had her growth spurt as she fed consistently every 2 hrs, something she hasn't ever done. I'm giving her infacol before her feeds but it's going to be a day or two before we see the benefits....

Is there anything I can do in the meantime? Do dummies give them wind? She settles on one after I've fed her, its a TT type. I feel awful, like I'm making her ill - I didn't think BF babies had wind :\(

Replies

• Options
    Hiya my baby had awful wind when she was smaller. I found a dummy also helped also my health visitor told me to drink/eat probiotic as this can help, so i used to have one of the actimel drinks each day and the yoghurts too, also my hv told me to avoid 'windy' veg as she called it e.g. brocolli cauliflower cabbage, and also to try and not drink orange juice as it is acidic. Don't feel awful hun its jst one of those things, and they do grow out of it
    xxx
  • Options
    I'm being careful with my diet and I haven't drunk fresh orange juice since the early weeks of my pregnancy as it gave me terrible heartburn. It's trying to strike a balance, I know I need to eat well to keep my milk going and avoid food that might give Faye wind. I need to look after myself as well though, I'm already having some problems going to the loo as I'm on a strict dose of iron to recover my blood loss from birth and BF can make you constipated can't it as you lose fluid?

Argh :cry:
  • Options
    Yeah jst make sure u drink plenty of water, I was on iron after i gave birth and was soo constipatd it was horrible! The pharmasist suggested sum stuff to help can't remember wot it was cold but i don't like drinks likethat so couldn't bring myself to try it, jst ate lots of bran and wholemeal instead. I know wot u mean bout tryin to strike a balance it so hard! Hope things get better 4 u soon
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi my son has exactly the same he is 6 weeks old and i also use infacol and also after his feeds i have started using Woodwards gripe water and it is brilliant he settles straight away after i give him it but you will need to go to mothercare and get a medicine applicator dummy as it is quite difficult to measure with a spoon good luck x