Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi girls, any tips for engorgement??

Hey girls, I have stopped bf'ing my 26mth old dd at last!! Been trying to wean off for months now, but she was having none of it - so have finally gone cold turkey! Told her 'milky' is 'all gone now' and it seems to have worked!

Last bf was yesterday morning, and I can feel the old engorgement starting now! I've forgotten all about this - can I do anything to relieve it (other than express a bit off?)

Any tips would be most welcome - one side feels like it's gonna get painful tonight lol!!

xx

Replies

• Options
    OMG - well I am AMAZED!! After I wrote this post I googled it.

And it came up with cabbage leaves. So happens I had a cabbage in my fridge - popped a couple of leaves in - and it is AMAZING!!!! Totally helped.

Well if anyone else has any other comments please do - but oh, always keep a cabbage in the fridge lol!

xx

:\)
  • Options
    I usually have a hot bath and let them leak in the bath, use a hot flannel to push some milk out

Gemm x
  • Options
    Thanks Gemm - will do just that later xx
  • Options
    I remember the health visitor saying that in every labour ward in hospital there will always be a cabbage in the fridge for this very reason!