Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Meds for silent reflux

Hi ladies

Olyvia was diagnosed with silent reflux a couple of weeks ago. The Dr said to give it till her second set of jabs (tomorrow) to see if she grows out of it and if not we'll try some medication.

Well she hasn't really improved over the last few weeks so we've decided to give the medication a go in hope that she'll be more comfortable - it's horrible seeing her in pain when she brings acid up :\( I know that she's not a severe case (thank goodness) but it certainly bothers her enough that we need to try something.

Anyway, was just wondering what meds others have tried, how quickly they worked and how you gave them if breastfeeding - do they need to be given in some expressed milk or are they given alone like infacol etc? The Dr hasn't said yet what we'll be trying.

Thanks,

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

Replies

• Options
    Hi there

my lo was on Gaviscon and he had it in a bottle prior to each feed (instructions say after feed but it worked better for us before a feed on hv advise) it was just dissolved in cooled boiled water no need for expressed milk.

Hope that helps and that it gets better for Olyvia soon - it's horrid to see them uncomfy!
  • Options
    Sasha was also on the gaviscon. I mixed it with cooled boiled water and gave it to her with a syringe after a feed. She was also not an extreme case and I'd heard it can cause constipation so when her poos started to get a bit thick like paste then I stopped giving it for a while and now I just give it to her when she gets really sicky again.
  • Options
    Freya was on ranitadine. We also tried domperidone (sp) and Losec meps (again mis-spelt). To be honest, until 6 months nothing worked very well. We stayed with the ranitadine, and from 6 months it worked provided we changed the bottle every month (one of the brands instructed us to do this - and the difference was amazing when we did).

Hope you have faster results than we did. x