Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long does it take for what you eat to affect milk?

My lo didn't seem to take very much this morning. She usually goes quite well for about 20 mins but this morning after about 5 mins she lost interest, I changed her nappy so she wasn't uncomfortable, I winded her but she didn't really take much more. I had a curry last night, a home made one though and it wasn't particularly spicy but I was wondering if that would have already affected my milk and maybe she didn't like it. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Replies

• Options
    Hard to be sure without knowing when you last fed her and how old she is but it's possible - I read somewhere that they think it takes about 4 hours for what you eat/drink to enter your milk. Was it the same at the next feed? You never know, your LO might be telling you that she is ready to go a bit longer between feeds. As they always say - just when you think you have sussed out their habits etc everything changes!
  • Options
    I don't'' think it takes long either. I had to keep a food diary to find out what was making Oskar sick and affecting his blood sugars. Found out that if I ate anything with sugar - so choc, cakes, biscuits etc (all the good stuff) the couple of feeds afterwards he was especially ill. So have to survive without anything that is sweet.