Forum home Babies Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sore nipples

hello everyone, i am a second time mum, i am pregnant at the moment and very very concerned about going through the painful experience of dealing with sore nipples, i had a terrible experience with my first baby girl which lasted a while.
i am not breastfeeding her now as she is 19 months old but i am thinking alot about the second baby coming soon in august ?
please help and tell me about your own experiences if you had one cause i am sure it will help me a lot
many thanks everyone
dorra

Replies

• Options
    hey Dorra, congrats!
    i, like you had sore nipples with my first dd. i had been positioning her wrong, even tho latch was correct, i was holding her too far over so i got two sores on the underside of each nipple and by god did they hurt!! used to make me cry. so i was worried about feeding this baby too. i can honestly say that i havent had any soreness this time cos i made sure my positioning was correct from the start.
    remember if for any reason you do get sore, which you shouldnt, use the lansinoh cream and poss warm baths with a few drops of lavender oil. good luck i'm sure you'll be fine!