Forum home› Babies› Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Owwww

I'm leaking!! If Faye goes a long time between feeds I'm leaking through my bra and top.... My problem is that the breast pads I'm currently using are sticking to my nipples and it bloody hurts when I take them off image

Any advice, is it the pads I'm using - J&J

Replies

• Options
    the only pads i got on with were the tommee tippee closer to nature ones,none other soaked up my milk as i used to leak ALOT!! thank god i dnt very often anymore!!lol yea i think its the pads i tried them and didnt like them,they stuck to my nipples too n i had 2 defluff them b4 grace latched on!!lol xx
  • Options
    I used Boots washable pads and even though I soaked TONS they sorted it all mostly (sometimes they leaked but not ogten) sounds like it might just be those ones so I would try some others.
  • Options
    i found boots the best for keeping leaking in check.
    Didnt like the j&j ones, think its just a 'name' and there are other brands out there much cheaper and better at the job....

you could send off for some samples of them from some of their websites so you can try before you buy.... image

xxxxx
  • Options
    I also used boots own and found them really good - i used to leak a lot at night, not anymore, but i found in the mornings they had absorbed everything and were quite heavy but hadn't leaked x
  • Options
    I've tried J&J, Tesco (slim and normal), Avent and Tommee Tippee (I got loads of freebie samples lol) and the best of all of them is definitely the Tommee Tippee for stopping leaks and comfort. They are filled with something like gel crystals which seem to soak up a lot more than other pads, and the outer covering doesn't come apart either (which the Tesco slim ones do, although they are just as comfy)

Corinna x
  • Options
    I had the same problem with the j&j ones, I use tomee tippee and find them really really good!
    xx
  • Options
    I didn't like Boots own, found I reacted with the strip round the outside of the pad and it made me itch.... Nearly finished the J&J will try TT instead. Want to try washables but i forgot to use the sticky strips the other night and the pads slipped, I was surrounded in a puddle when I woke up. Do washable pads slip?
  • Options
    I didn't have a problem with my washable ones slipping!
  • Options
    if you're just in the house have you tried using the milk collection cups. Provided you rememember not to lean horizontal the milk should stay in the cup so you shouldnt get wet at all. just regularly empty the cups. worth a try. This is what i do when breastfeeding during the night because when feeding the other boob is always at bursting point!
  • Options
    I use Asda's own - Little Angels ones. They're the best I've ever used and great price too! x x x