Forum home› Babies› Breast & bottle feeding
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Which breast pads?

Hi, I am just starting to buy the bits I need for my hospital/labour bag and have breast pads on the list. Is there any difference between the branded and own brand one's? Which one's do you recommend and why? Thank you x

Replies

• Options
    I only ever bought supermarket brands if I were desperate. I found them really small. I really like the tommee tippee ones, as they came wrapped in pairs, or the lansioh ones, which were individually wrapped. Both are a good size and very absorbent. x
  • Options
    Hey MrsHirsty !!
    oooo exciting .... i prefered the tommy tippee ones ( these are biggest) or johnsons are good?
    after a few months i started using the tesco own make! their good just smaller.
    good luck !!!

ps - pack lots of nighties !!!
  • Options
    I found the Johnsons ones were best.
  • Options
    i tried about 5 diff types...tesco, johnson, avent, tommee tippee, boots, mothercare and morrison, by far the best were morrisons own, closely followed by johnsons... they were just as soft as the johnsons and shaped like it too, but weren't sticky backed ones, which meant they were easy to re place and re move as and when needed, but morrsions were loads cheaper, if i remember rightly was about ??1.80 for 50 which i think was about half the price of the johnsons ones. hth xx
  • Options
    tried them all ha!!!
    Johnsons are the best for me and they are always on offer in places,asda's own and boots own totally crap for me they ended up in a big old bunch in my bra which looked great not !
  • Options
    I didn't find it mattered which brand I used, they all did the job (I didn't leak massively, though) - but my preference was for the cheaper ones that DON'T have the sticky tab attaching them to your bra. I just found it easier to adjust them and never had problems with them bunching or slipping. I do have small boobs, though.

[Modified by: PinkToothbrush on January 12, 2010 01:03 PM]

• Options
    I've definately found Johnsons pads to be the best, they are shaped with a nipple indent so stay in place really well and don't get horrible and sweaty like some of the cheaper supermarket brands do.
  • Options
    i use the morrisons own brand and i find they are absolutely fine they do the job and are fairly cheap. They don't have sticky tabs (which i don't like anyway) but they have an indent fore the nipple. size wise i find them fine.
  • Options
    i use the morrisons own brand and i find they are absolutely fine they do the job and are fairly cheap. They don't have sticky tabs (which i don't like anyway) but they have an indent for the nipple. size wise i find them fine.
  • Options
    Thank you for all your tips girls, opted for a box of the Johnsons ones for now and I will see how they go x
  • Options
    hiya - i have used both but i think boots own make are fine. I do not leak alot though, so it will depend on your flow xx
  • Options
    Hi I have used a box of wilkinsons own and found they were good and have just started using tescos own, as thats where I was shopping when I remembered I needed more,lol.
    I don't tend to leak at all tbh but am using the breast pads so I don't get caught un awear! x